Saturday, September 5, 2009

Jerry's Artarama Scratchboard Demo







Today I did a free three hour scratchboard demonstration at Jerry's Artarama here in Austin, TX. Usually at least 12-15 people participate. Today was different. There were tons of folks in the store but they were seriously shopping because of a huge sale. So to the 7-8 folks who stopped by and scratched out a few sample boards...thanks so much! I always learn something new and enjoy each and every one of you. It is tons of fun for me to watch all of you in your exploration of this medium. I got so involved in it all, I forgot to take many photos to post here. So these are just a little sample. Funny thing, while folks were waiting in line to check out, we talked and I got quite a few of them to at least buy a 3 pk of the 5"x7" boards and a tool or two.

That's my job folks! I represent http://www.ampersandart.com/ who produces this product right here in Austin, TX. But here's the deal, I would use this scratchboard they make even if there was nothing in it for me...it's that good. So there you have it, my sales pitch. Try it out. And if you want to know more about it, take my all day class this Sept. 26th from 10-4 for a modest fee at http://www.eyeofthedogartcenter.com/ in beautiful San Marcos, TX. Hooray for Art!

No comments: