Friday, January 15, 2010

Kitty Scratches




Just wanted to illustrate the progression of one of my smaller scratchboards. This is a sample size Ampersand Art board. www.ampersandart.com Started out on the far left with the basic outline of a kitty. Then I added the fish bones, and finally some color. There you have it, a 'Kitty Scratch'.
I'm on a brief interview on KUT radio here in Austin. Jill Carver, Suzanne Lewis and myself talking about the art work at Wally Workman Gallery. www.wallyworkmangallery.com It's a hoot. Had a lot of fun doing it. Click on the link to hear it. http://media.kut.org/sounds/blog_00019476/AE_329.mp3



1 comment:

Julie Williams said...

I love this! What's interesting about it to me is that each stage looks "finished." Love the simplicity of the first and the addition of the blue is gorgeous.