Thursday, June 17, 2010

Blue-Eyed Circus Pony


I knocked this 5"x7" Ampersand Art www.ampersandart.com scratchboard out the other day at my new studio in the Ozarks. It's called 'Blue-Eyed Circus Pony'. It's based it on a photo I took at an antique shop of a carousel horse there. I used Liquidtex acrylic inks for the color, some on the existing black surface and some on the white clay after scratching away the black ink. This reminds me of a crazy white horse I had as a youngster. She was 'green broke' and took me on a wild ride one day...imagine me getting thrown as she ran down the field with me being dragged behind with my foot stuck in the stirrup! Classic. Luckily I was not hurt...well maybe a bit embarrassed at my inability to tame her. And wisely enough, I never got on her again!

No comments: