Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Not Slacking Off...Busy Making A Book

I just sent most of the files for the new Cat Scratchin' book off to the designer yesterday. Just have a few more tweaks to do, like writing the intro/acknowledgements, back blurb, and cat rescue directory. I wish I had a pretty picture to put up for you today, I'll do a little search and see if I can't rustle up one. Lately the only art I've been making is the cats, or misc folk art birds, dogs and cats. I'm trying to use everything up in the next 6 mos. or so. I still have my plan to be mobile, either in a drive around RV or pull-behind trailer. Stay tuned for that. It's my 'retirement plan', since I really don't have any other ideas or options. I own a home with partners and hope to be putting that on the market in 6 months. I'm restless as hell.
I've been thinking a lot lately about money, jobs, the rest of my life etc...I'm about to drop my health insurance in hopes of getting a better (cheaper) plan when they open up the exchange in October. I have been self-employed for over 20 years, and have always had insurance. The only time I didn't have any was my early years at art school when I was dirt poor, going full-time and working at a burger joint and any other job I could find. So I'm more than a little nervous. Although, if I hadn't had insurance when I had the whole thyroid cancer thing I think it might not have been as much money out of pocket for me. How does that make sense??? It doesn't. Anyhow, instead of spending $300.00 a month for crappy insurance I'll just pay for my prescriptions and hope for the best.  Blah, blah, blah, blah blah. I've been happier, and I will be again.
Here's a photo of "The Lucy's", two chickens I had in my urban backyard in Austin. Next book--Chickens! They were fun. Eggs everyday.

No comments: