Monday, April 20, 2009

Welcome To My Monkey House



Monkey's make me money. I say it all the time, kind of tongue in cheek, but it's absolutely true. I have scratched out more monkeys, in many different ways and yet pretty much the same, than I care to admit. I figure, hey, if the people want monkeys who am I to argue? This latest one is very different from the rest. Although, a monkey is a monkey is a monkey, right? Anyhow, it is a 24"X36" scratchboard with collage, acrylic paint and just a little scratching this time. "Welcome To My Monkey House". A nod to Kurt Vonnegut, one of my favorite authors, and a fellow Hoosier.
I like it. Makes me laugh. I hope someone likes it enough to buy it and hang it on the wall. I'm not sure if this will go to Dallas to http://www.dahliawoodsgallery.com/ or stay here in Austin and go to http://www.wallyworkmangallery.com/


That's all to report right now.

3 comments:

Artefaque: (är'tə-fākt') * said...

I like this alot! Made me smile and that feels good as well!

Unknown said...

Thank you! Spreading joy is what I aim for!

tina riedel said...

lovely, little missy. this feels like a lot of disparate pieces, styles, and artistic musings coming together in a new way - wicked exciting.