Saturday, October 17, 2009

Too Many Monkeys!

Ok, I have to admit it, I am freaking boring myself with the Daily Monkey project. I'm just a little over 6 months into it, and frankly for this Aries personality it's becoming torture...I'm so ready to move on to something else. So, maybe this is over. Maybe I've explored the depths of this and there is no more. I've learned a lot, and made many, many different versions of the monkey. I think I've got enough for a book. But, then again, more torture in my thinking. Does this mean I'm a 'quitter', unable to keep my focus on a project for a year? Jesus, Mary and Joseph, what is this artist to do? Maybe it's just how I'm feeling today...that's it, post this monkey and see how I feel tomorrow. Will do. This is a huge scratchboard that I did last year while in the midst of a relationship unraveling. It's 2'x3' (that's 2 feet by 3 feet folks!)Ampersand Art scratchboard. www.ampersandart.com It didn't take as long as you might think...mostly because I was emotionally a mess and this kept me sane! The title is "Too Many Monkeys To Count". It was sold at the Wally Workman Gallery. www.wallyworkmangallery.com Word was that it was the only thing in the gallery the buyers were interested in. Not bad to be chosen out of a crowd of 49 artists work eh?

No comments: