Monday, December 7, 2009

God, Guns, & Guts

I know this isn't a scratchboard drawing, but I wanted to put it out there anyway.  I did this collage a few years ago when I was doing an illustration for a magazine article about 'Cowboy Church'.  Needless to say, this was not what was used for the article.  The editor told me 'what ever you do, don't do a 'Cowboy Jesus'.  But if you do one I'll buy it from you!'  So I put this collage together and sold him a scratchboard version.  I've been doing a limited edition of 25 of these as prints that I then hand color and frame. I call it, 'God, Guns, & Guts'. Think of it what you will.  My theory is, that if the belief is that we are made in the image of god...well, I sure see a lot of folks who look or think like this. So there you go.  They are available at Blue Genie Art Bazaar until Xmas eve. http://www.bluegenieart.com/

No comments: