Friday, February 26, 2010

Chicken Man Scratchboard


This is one of my larger, earlier scratchboards. "Chicken Man" It was based on a funny little wooden sculpture that I think I got at a yard sale. I love this creature...and I love Ampersand Art http://www.ampersandart.com/ scratchboard. Here's the commercial: I'll be teaching a free demonstration of this product tomorrow (Sat. Feb 27th) from 12-3pm at Jerry's Artarama on North I-35 Austin, TX. Come, spend an hour or a moment. I've got free samples for everyone!
And speaking of love, I am going thru what I can only explain as a '7 yr itch' with scratchboard. I love it, and have loved it very deeply for about 7 yrs. But lately, I've not done much of/or with it. Blame it on the weather, my mother dying in November, or me approaching my 55th birthday in April, I can't say for sure. What ever it is....that 'white-hot' love has waned a bit. Like any relationship, we are going thru a period of change. I don't think I want to leave scratchboard behind, I just need something different to happen. So, I've been exploring collage and even oil painting. I'm not 'cheating' just trying to put a little 'spice' back into our relationship. What's it all about scratchboard? Stay tuned to see what happens next!

No comments: