Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Black Cat Scratchboard



Although I haven't been posting much lately, I have been busy making new art. This is one of the latest 5"x7" Ampersand Art scratchboards. Until now, I've resisted using cats as subject matter and here is why; Most dog owners look at my boards and if it resembles their dog in some way they buy it. Cat owners, on the other hand, want it to look exactly like their kitty, thus, my first attempts at cat scratches have gathered dust and went down to the bottom of the pile. I'll let you draw your own conclusions from that. I really like both cats and dogs so I don't discriminate. Due to a recent commission for a friend (3 different cats) I broke through my resistance, and in fact had a really good time making them. So here is one example, let me know what you think. This piece is available, framed, for $100.00. Currently it is in my studio here in Arkansas. If you want it, drop me a line and I'll ship it out to you pronto! I'm always happy to do commissions so send me photos and dollars folks!

No comments: