Friday, May 13, 2011

Early Scratch work-Grasshopper

I was downloading a thumbdrive load of images from the home computer to my studio computer the other day and got a slideshow experience of 'This is your art life, Linda Sheets'! As it scrolled through everything I was amused, sometimes pleased, and often horrified at my work from the last 10 years. Wow, oh wowy has my technique changed and improved. I'm posting a grasshopper that was scratched out on scratch paper (I think Scratch-Art is the company that makes this) and glued on panel. If I remember right, this was around 3"x5" and mounted on a black 8"x10" inch panel. I believe it was around 8-9 years ago, and I think it was sold at a show (don't know which one, or to whom) It looks so strange without color on it. At that time I was terrified of using color. The only reason I started adding it is that a huge blotch appeared on a finished 16"x20" Ampersand Art scratchbord after I sprayed it. (Let that be a lesson to you, it was winter and I had a lot of hand lotion on and it soaked into the board. I always wear gloves now!)I had spent so much time on it and was determined to salvage it somehow so I painted some acrylic on it. The rest, as they say, is history. I hardly ever do just black and white boards anymore...and I don't use the paper scratchboard either. It's certainly an ok product for classrooms or experimenting with; it's just not an archival, acid free, professional product. That's the endorsement part of this post. I'm glad blogger is back up, I've been wanting to post for a few days. If anyone is reading this, drop me a line, let me know what you think...of anything. I also welcome new followers. I'm an Aries, we are known as natural leaders, so I naturally need people who will 'follow'. Later peeps!

No comments: