Thursday, September 13, 2012

Chicken Scratchin'

Maybe I've posted this one before...it's hard to keep track of the art and the time. This is a 5"x7" Ampersand Art Scratchbord. I completed it a while back. I'm thinking today about the next few books that I'll be doing in the future. The Dog Scratchin' book is at the printers now. And paid for thanks to all the folks who participated in the kickstarter project. Should have some proofs to look at soon.
 Next up, Cats. And then Chickens. And maybe Snakes. Birds. Who knows?
Yesterday I taught a scratchboard class at John Brown University in Siloam Springs, AR. It was great fun, the students seemed to enjoy it, and I always get a kick out of watching folks playing with the boards and tools. It was nice for me to get some scratchin' in as well. After all the dog scratchin' the past six months I've taken a short break to construct some mixed-media birds (will show in next post) and little wooden "tote" boxes from vintage wood and pieces/parts. Planning on selling those at my antique mall booth and at the Eye of the Dog Art Center show in San Marcos, TX in November. Stay tuned.

No comments: