Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Snow Days And Other Things That Are Out Of My Control

I sit here this morning, reflecting on life, after two days of not getting out much due to snow and ice. When I did attempt to drive around yesterday it was like "The Hunger Games", with folks running off the road and/or crashing into each other like crazy people. I was happy to make it home unscathed. So, I've had a lot of time on my hands... Three commissions were finished and thanks to the internet the results were approved by the clients, now they are framed and ready to ship, once things thaw a bit today and tomorrow. With all that time on my hands I've had much time to think about art, projects, success and failure. The Chicken Scratchin' book is not funding with just about 24 hours to go. I don't anticipate that it will raise the total amount needed by the deadline.(unless there is a freaking miracle) But, I've got to say, I'm not too upset about it. I still believe in the project and think it's doable, just not right now. I have resolved to adjust and tweak the project and re-launch sometime in the near future. Obviously I need to find the chicken people and network there first. I know they're out there.
As things go I'm still pretty happy. I've had 4 very successful projects fund on kickstarter and one that flopped. It's not the end of the world, or even the beginning of the end. I'm actually working on a new, smaller scale project that I hope to launch within a week or so. More on that once it's live.
Meanwhile, here's the link to the chicken book project: Chicken Scratchin'


No comments: