Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Scratchboard Art and Medical Bills

Just finished these two cute dogs for a friend of a friend.  They are 3"x5" Ampersand Art Scratchboards.  Sample size, not available for purchase in stores.  I use them when I do classes and demos.  So here's the deal folks...I make money making art (which in this economy is just as hard as you can imagine), also by teaching and demonstrating scratchboard techniques.  Recently I had my thyroid removed due to cancer.(like, 2 weeks ago)  I'm ok, we caught it early and I'll make a full recovery...but, in the meantime I can hardly raise my voice above a whisper.  Teaching right now is out of the question so I'm looking for some help raising some funds.  I have insurance, but as a self employed  artist in my 50's it's not so great, pretty basic.  Meaning, I am getting some hefty bills for tests that they won't cover.  I'm bracing myself for the overnight stay in the hospital bill.  Anyhow,  rather than just asking you for money I'd rather sell you art.  That's how I roll.  I've got $5.00 magnets and $10.00 2"x2" original pins at the Fayetteville Underground.  Message me and I'll post some images. I put the donate paypal button up so you can do either or both.  You just need to let me know what you want and I'll ship it out to you. I'm working on setting up an etsy shop, which will make it easier for all of us to see what's what, will post here when it's done.  I will also take commissions on pet portraits etc..   Plus, of course some of my larger pieces are available.  You can check out my website at http://www.blue-eyedponystudio.com/ to see if something grabs you.  Or look at Wally Workman Gallery Austin,TX, Kirchman Gallery Johnson City, TX or Fayetteville Underground Fayetteville, AR.  I'll be working the gallery at the Underground tomorrow from 12-3pm.  Stop on by and say hello.  I'll squeak out as many words as I can before I lose my voice...I only get so many conversations a day lately. It makes life interesting.
 Besides my art, while you're at the Underground, there are some really fine pieces by other artists on the walls in the 4 galleries. The show will change before 1st Thursday (July 7th) so come on down and check it out.  And then come back for the reception on Thursday the 7th from 5-8pm.

No comments: