Friday, July 29, 2011

2 Monkeys Gathering Eggs


I've been working on a 18"x24" Ampersand Art scratchboard this week.  The images above show before and after.  I based this on a 5"x7" piece I did several years ago.  I do that a lot, make a small piece as a 'study' and then later do a larger version.  Of course I made some modifications so I wasn't just doing an exact copy.  I'm liking this a lot.  It will be finished, sprayed with Krylon Workable fixatif and then framed in an Illusions floater frame.  It's going into my show at the Fayetteville Underground in September.  The Ampersand scratchboard kits I designed should be shipped and into stores (Hobby Lobby) sometime in August.  I am thrilled.  What a year this has been.  Like most years, it's had it's highs and lows, plus plenty of lulls.  I continue to heal from the big Thyroid Cancer scare.  I'm good.  Hope all of you are too.

No comments: