Wednesday, August 3, 2011

More Monkeys In The Garden

Work in progress.  Monkeys in the garden...you know which one.  Still have a lot of work to do before hanging this in my show at the Fayetteville Underground Sept. 1.  It's big,  24"x36". You can see the outline of this piece a few posts back.  Ampersand Art scratchboard with inks and collaged paper.  I'm loving how the mountains turned out. (really? I'm loving all of it...) I may put a wash on top of these, and the foreground.  Both are vintage papers.  I've been working on this at home as my studio at the Underground is packed full.  That's a hint for all y'all to start buying some art.  If not from me, from other artists.  You think you are hurting?  Think of those of us who rely on patrons, gallery sales etc...Sales are slow as can be, the extreme heat and the freaking crazy economy is not helping either. I have no desire to be a starving artist.  No one in their right mind wants that.  So do me and all us artists out there working hard to make your lives a bit brighter, happier and amazing with fresh original art, open your hearts and wallets.  Thank you very much.  I promise your life will be much better with art in hand and on the walls.

No comments: