Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Airstream With Leopard Skin Scratchboard Art

Been working on this piece for a commission.  It may or may not be the one they choose. But I've had a good time doing it, so what the heck.  If they don't want it someone else will!  It's a 5"x7" Ampersand Art scratchboard with inks.  I used the fine needle tool on the two windows.  Sandpaper on the green ground and scraper knives on the rest of it.  Sprayed with a nice coat of Krylon Workable Fixitif. When I'm not making dogs and monkeys, I'm scratching out what ever folks want...so if you've got a request, give me a holler and I'll see what I can do.
Here is the lowdown...I use and endorse Ampersand Art scratchboard and their other products.  I receive compensation from them for teaching and when they license my designs.  I would use their scratchboard, regardless of compensation, it's that good.  And besides that, they are a great group of folks, who consistently put out a wonderful art product made right here in the U.S.  Buy local, support small mom and pop business'. 

No comments: