Friday, November 18, 2011

Making Art/Not Making Art

I've been in Texas for a few weeks now, visiting friends and doing some art business.  Much is focused on art and the scratchbord kits and demo's and classes.  And yet, I haven't made much actual art since I've been traveling.  Now, mind you, I've been thinking about art a lot.  And planning pieces in my head.  And doing demos I do get to make art, kind of....Plus I've been stocking up on supplies that are not available back in Fay'vlle.  I've got several bottles of my new favorite sealer for collage, Golden's UV Varnish (Matte). Still have to get a few more things before I leave the big city...I'm really getting my fill of breakfast taco's, bbq and a certain little, almost two year old!
Yesterday I stopped in Aaron Brother's Framing store at Sunset Valley Marketfair.  My Scratchbord kits were on the wall, oh joy!  Next step, try and set up some in-store demos to introduce folks who shop there to my world.
Today I'm posting a little mixed media collage piece, of a sweet 'Pointy-Eared Dog'.  This is a 4"x4" artist panel (from Ampersand, of course)  I used some Golden Acrylic paint and gel medium, along with some vintage papers I had lying around...and there you go-ART!  It's not scratchbord, but I did do some scratching texture into the background paint before it dried.  I top-coated with a matte Golden Gel Medium to protect it.
Be sure and mark your calendar for the weekend right after Thanksgiving.  I'll be out in San Marcos, TX with a bunch of other artists selling our creations at the Eye Of The Dog Art Center.  This is the third year I've attended this show as a crafts person.  It is definitely a good time.  Much different from shopping at the mall, in a very good way. You'll need directions as it is out in the country.  But, with art, food, drink and fun, absolutely worth it.  Check it out here.  Friday night is a sweet party there with Ponty Bone playing. All are welcome, hope you can make it out.
And of course,  Ampersand scratchbord demo at Jerry's Artarama Austin, tomorrow, Saturday the 19th from noon to 3pm.  FREE!  Need I say more?

No comments: