Sunday, September 18, 2011

Scratchboard dogs and society pages


Finished these two scratchbords yesterday.  I made them for some new friends.  They were delighted when I dropped them off!  While I was working on them I had a little struggle at first with 'Hattie', but then I just let go and let the scratching and scraping happen without thinking too much about it.  I always know when a piece is going to be successful when I'm laughing and joyful during the process of making it. There was a lot of that happening while doing these. These are both 5"x7" Ampersand Art scratchbords with claybord inks.  They are unusual for me as they are horizontal.  I prefer a vertical subject matter, but the photos I took of them dictated the orientation, so there you go.
Got a check from Wally Workman Gallery yesterday.  The '3Monkeys In A Boat' piece mentioned in the post before this sold to the TV show 'The Lying Game'.  Mostly because it got scratched (which upset me for about a half a second) I had to let it go and not worry about it.  I have no control over what happens to a piece after it leaves the gallery.  As long as they don't use the image without my permission, or reproduce it on products without compensating me; I'm not involved.  I don't like the idea of my piece being damaged...oh well.
This morning I opened the newspaper (I love Sunday mornings with the larger newspaper and NPR) and discovered that I had made the 'Society' page for the Youthbridge Starry Starry Night fundraiser in a photo.  Whoohoo!

No comments: