Monday, September 26, 2011

Dog and 2 Humans Collage Artwork

Woke up this morning around 4:30am.  Tried to force myself back to sleep, but wouldn't go...finally got up around 5 and put this piece together.  It's an 11"x14" MDF panel.  I prepared the panel with some dandy 'Bob Ross' black gesso and used nori paste to do the glue down.  I had cut out most of the images last night while watching old episodes of 'Iron Chef' on my computer...nice way to spend the time, eh? Thanks for all the issues of Oprah mags Al,  lots of good colors and faces.
I'll do a top coat with some Golden Gel Medium, heavy matt finish.  And then, who knows?  Maybe someone will want to buy this.  Or I will just add it to the growing stack of unsold artwork.  I have to keep on making art....that's what I do, that's who I am, and that's what keeps me sane.  Here's the thing folks,  once they are done...I'm done.  The most recent piece I'm working on is my newest favorite.  The older finished pieces are crying out to go home with someone besides me.  so if you want it, or need it, shoot me a message and we'll talk details.  I had a great weekend.  The scratchboard class at the Fayetteville Underground on Saturday was wonderful.  Lots of fun art being made.  I'll post some photos and more on that next time...stay tuned.

No comments: