Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Today In Linda Land



Today was a wonderful day in Land O' Linda.  I worked in my studio for a bit...working on some collaged greeting cards.  Then I went to visit some new friends, one of them is an amazing poet and both are all around wonderful folks.  I spent much of the afternoon there with him reading me his poetry and us discussing the way of the world.  Ah, bliss.  If that wasn't enough (and trust me, it was!)  I then came home and watched the most recent episode of The Lying Game to see that finally, my piece of art that was leased from Wally Workman Gallery in Austin was right there on the screen, 2X during the course of the show.  Sorry about the blurry photos.  I watch TV on my computer screen...no big flat screen high def for me.  The piece is an 18"x24" Ampersand Art scratchboard.  Funny thing is,  I started this piece in response to having a different piece rejected for a show.  Glad it happened, although at the time I was a bit miffed.  I love the way things turn out when they are out of our control and we just hang on and go for the ride.

No comments: