Thursday, October 13, 2011

Am I Angry?

YES!  I'd even venture to say, 'HELL YES'!  Am I an angry person?  No, in fact I am one of the happiest people around.  I have great friends and a pretty wonderful life.
Here are a few of the things that make me angry.  And, because I have paid for enough therapy over the years to buy a house,  I'm pretty sure there is nothing wrong with being angry about certain things.  In fact, people who 'never' get angry frighten me because I think there must be a shit-load of stuff a'brewing inside of them waiting to explode on someone who doesn't deserve it.
So, to continue, here are a few things that make me really angry;
Bad, rude, dismissive behavior.  Men who think it's ok to treat women badly.  Women who think it's ok to treat men badly.  Mean, ignorant people. Unfair situations. Trying to control me, my behavior or actions (or others) because you are weak or fearful.(or just plain controlling for whatever reason)  BULLIES, physical or emotional. People who think they know me, but have never had a conversation with me who say that I'm angry.
These are just a few of my angry things.  Thanks, I just had to get that off my chest.
Now, here are some happy things to take your mind off of what an angry woman I am.

This is a new collage piece I finished recently.  Since there has been some crazy high drama at the art organization/studio I've been working happily at home on many, many new works.  I'm not going to beat around the bush,  The Fayetteville Underground has become a toxic place for me.  I have loved being there,  but now, not so much.
So for your consideration..."Looking For Dali"  I have to update the photo, I've actually added some color to the clock in the belly.  It's a combination of vintage 1940's magazines with a bit of O mag thrown in.  It measures 9"x14" and could be yours if you want it.  Let me know and I'll shoot a price to you.  It's on gessoed mdf panel.  I will frame it in a black floater type frame. 
Well, that's all for now.  I hope I haven't scared you with my 'anger'.  Tell you what, who would YOU rather be with?  Someone like me who isn't afraid to stand up for what's right and good?  Or someone who 'toes' the line and doesn't want to cause a ruckus?
Me,  I'm sticking up for myself and you, if you need it.

No comments: