Saturday, February 4, 2012

Big News Coming!

Well, the project I've been focused on, and working on for the last month or so is coming together and about to be launched as a Kickstarter project to gather funding to produce a scratchboard book of dog drawings and more. I hope to get it up and rolling no later than Monday the 6th. Sooner if I can. I have learned a lot about the Kickstarter process in the past two weeks. One of the things I learned and will do differently is to have most of it up on the site and ready to launch. I mistakenly thought I couldn't store the info there until ready to launch. What a dino I am. Still learning tho, so I'm not extinct yet! The other thing I learned is I don't know anything about producing a video. I spent the better part of two days trying various things that just ended up looking like crap. Luckily, my best friend Tina Riedel (who is an amazing artist herself) jumped in and made a really sweet video in a short amount of time. I owe her. You hear me Tina? I OWE YOU!! No, You.
She has always been there to bail me out when I get in WAY over my head. And I was. I have the best friends in the world. Love her.
The above is one of the dogs that inspired me to go in this direction. I used the usual, Ampersand Art scratchbord, inks, knife nib and fiberglass eraser. Love this doggie's eyes, face and pose. I can't wait to scratch out a bunch of dogs! I hope I can get this funded in the next 30+ days.

No comments: