Thursday, February 2, 2012

Chicken in The Yard

I've been working on some new designs in scratchboard. This one is adapted from a pattern from the 50's that came out of an estate.  Not sure what the original chicken was for. Well, not really sure what this one is 'for' either. My pleasure? Your pleasure? Any way, it's an Ampersand Art Scratchbord. I used the pointed nib, scalpel nib and fiberglass eraser, plus Claybord inks. Fun, fun, fun. I'm still in love with scratchbord. I think it will be a long relationship.  I'm also doing some assemblage work this week using some wooden houses that I built a few summer's ago. Will post those soon. They are in the style of 'Memory Jugs' with a whole crap-load of stuff from my misc. drawers in my studio, glued on. Today I will try to grout one of them. Fingers crossed that I won't wreck it.

No comments: