Thursday, October 18, 2012

Makin' New Animals


I'm busy, busy, busy. Cutting up old books full of animals, Oprah and Vanity Fair magazines, and any other pictures of animals I can find.  Getting ready for a 45 minute workshop that I'll be giving at the Texas Art Educators Conference in San Antonio next month. I'll be there teaching and selling Ampersand Art products.  I put if off long enough. It was much easier just coming up with the idea, now I have to put it together. This is one of my first finished pieces that I'll use to illustrate the process. Let's hope I can write a good lesson plan and present it in a understandable way. Just another "performance". This is either a Prairie Dog or some other rodent with a sweet little Doe head. Red tie and Red Fez!! I'll also be doing a scratchboard workshop called "Scratch Happy." That one is a piece of cake for me!
Meanwhile, I'm taking Dog Scratchin' books tonight to the For Pets' Sake meeting and to Petco on Saturday during adoptions event, to sell a few. So far I've raised about $100.00 each for the above group and the Fayetteville Animal Shelter.  I'll give them both a check at the end of the month. I hope I can bump them up by having more sales. If you are interested in one or two or more, you can contact me or just send a check (I'm old skool) to PO Box 8963 Fayetteville, Arkansas 72703.  Books are $25.00 each and I'm donating $2.00 of every sale to animal rescue groups.
Ok, that's it for now. The show at the Anne Kittrell Gallery on the campus of the University of Arkansas until the end of October. Open M-F 10am-6pm
Next dog event will be in Austin, TX Nov. 13th at Wally Workman Gallery from 6-8pm.

No comments: