Saturday, November 2, 2013

Free Art--Yes Free

I've been spending some time cleaning out my studio in preparation for the next big adventure. Currently I have a heap of large and small art that is old work just sitting or hanging around and I am ready to heave it out the door. I started yesterday on facebook and have already given one away. So starting today until I'm finished I will be posting at least one if not two pieces of artwork at my facebook page Linda Sheets Art. You can go there to see what's currently on the way out. And for the love of crap, like my page while you're at it. I don't know what benefit that is to me, but everyone seems to be doing it for some reason or another, and god knows I like to be liked.
Here are some rules:
*You will pay for packaging and shipping. If you don't have the money for this, obviously don't say you want a piece of artwork. If you are in Fayetteville, AR or Austin, TX we can arrange for pickup...so it will really be free--free for y'all.
*The artwork will be available for 36 hours (give or take a few) and then, if there are  no takers it going in the dumpster
*If you've already snagged one piece from this give-away, hold back and let someone else get one
*You must give the art a good home...but knowing that I can't control your behavior and the destiny of the art after it leaves me at least know that I retain full copyright to the piece.
Ok, let the games begin! I appreciate you helping me lighten my load and hope that my art makes you happy. If you don't see something you like, for crying out loud, commission something. I'm fast and not too expensive. This is how I make my living...and while giving it away may not make much sense, I can't take it with me when I'm on the road (or when dead) and I don't want to take up the space in the storage unit. Plus, and I know a lot of artists who agree with me here, if it hangs around me unsold I feel strange about creating new art. It's a mental thing...and I want to continue creating new...so out the door with it.

No comments: