Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Scratchboard Classes And Gratitude


Took these photos this week while teaching two scratchbord classes to some great students at Fayetteville High School-Go Bulldogs! Sorry about them being sideways, still don't know how to fix that.  We had a great time together, there were about 30 students per class.  They kept me hopping!  And I totally enjoyed it!  Thank you Ms. Adams, and thank you Ampersand for letting me spread the joy!
I'm feeling very grateful today for many things.  I'm mourning the loss of the space that the Fayetteville Underground used to fill.  We are officially out December 31st. Sad, sad, sad.  Because of the Underground, which I joined in Feb., I have met some of the greatest folks.  Artists and art lovers alike.  Because of the Underground, I have been able to make the contacts to teach scratchbord classes to students at John Brown University (2x) Mary Hardin Baylor College in Belton, TX, and this weeks classes at Fayetteville High School.  In addition, I've taught classes with a cancer survivors group and classes at the Underground.  I will miss all of the artists.  I know we will stay in touch, but still, there not be another group/place like it.  And even tho the A&P commission is going to attempt to re-create the organization at the old post office in the square, it will not be the same.  I hope there will be support from the public for artists here in NWA.  I'm in my studio at home on the hwy.  If you want to see or buy my art, you'll have to come here.  Contact me.  I will continue to make art like crazy.  And my scratchbord kits are at Hobby Lobby, Aaron Brothers, Dick Blick and Jerry's Artarama.  Have fun!

No comments: