Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Year New Life Working On A Dream

The above is a sweet little commission I got to do before Xmas. It was hard, the person who commissioned it was doing it as a surprise, so obtaining the photos was difficult. Between the two of us, me scratching and showing, and her advising on refinements, it got done and was well received by the dog owners. This is not the finished piece, I had to add the ear on the right of the middle dog, even though the photo didn't show it, because it was just odd looking without having it there.
I made it through the holidays without any meltdowns, high drama or mishaps. For that I am grateful. For many reasons it's NOT my favorite time of year. I know, all of the holiday shows, cards, songs say it should be wonderful, but the reality is that for many of us it is chock full of painful memories. I try and approach it as 'just another day' and that seems to work, for now.
So, the new year, here now...I am working on the next book project which will launch on kickstarter (for funding) around January 20th and will run for at least 30 days, maybe more.  I'm putting together the video and text for the project site and just finished some mock-up drawings for it. Below is one of them. Everything I do now is Ampersand Scratchbord.

Meanwhile I'm cleaning out my studio and will donate all of the other art products (oils, acrylics, pastels etc..) to some worthy cause. Speaking of donating, I will also be doing another art giveaway around the same time as the kickstarter launch. I've found so many pieces that either didn't sell, or were not so successful but are still pretty cool, and not worthy of tossing into the trash. Watch my facebook page at Linda Sheets Art for more info. The art will be posted there and the first to like and say they want it will get it. The only requirement is for you to pay shipping/handling and give a donation to a shelter of your choice.  The previous giveaway was a great experience and I look forward to doing it again.
I also look forward to more commission work in pets and my latest boards, people portraits(will post that image next time). Contact me via my website for more info regarding prices and sizes.
Until next post, stay on your path, whatever it is, unless of course it's a negative dive into badness. In that case, get ahold of yourself, life is too freaking short to be unhappy.

No comments: