Monday, March 7, 2011

Blue Eyed Cat


This is a 3"x5" Ampersand Art scratchboard that I've been working on for a friend. As you can see it is a cat named 'Chiquita'. I've got two other cats in this series for her, will post those in the next few days. I haven't done many cat scratchboards, don't know why, I like cats as well as I like dogs. Maybe they are just harder to capture visually? Anyhow, I'm pretty darned happy with this one and the others. In fact I was so delighted today that I was giggling while doing them. Goofy eh? I love my job!
Today has had an element of sadness. A guy who was a regular institution around here died in a fire at his shop this morning. His name is Bruce Walker and the shop was 'Flying Possum Leather'. I only met him once, he reminded me of an old hippie. (funny that I say that, we are the same age) He and his shop were very 'old school' He didn't have a website, or even posted hours. He was a real, honest to god, character. The community is pretty stunned by it. I'm new here and I'm stunned.

No comments: