Thursday, April 12, 2012

Free Ampersand Scratchboard Demos Houston, TX

Heading out early today to Austin, TX to visit friends and spend the night. Tomorrow I will be in Houston, TX giving a free scratchboard demo courtesy of Ampersand Art, at Texas Art Supply. The Montrose location is at 5:30pm. It's been filled, but if you show up we will find a place for you. Saturday morning I'll be at the Baybrook location at 10:30 and then Voss St. location at 3pm.  Call the stores for more information. It's going to be fun, fun, fun!
I have been collecting dog stories and photos to draw from. I've got to say, I'm already blown away by the stories, and loving the fact that I get to draw so many sweet dogs. You can check it out on my kickstarter project link (go to an earlier posting to find that, and to get more information) There is always room for more dogs and stories, even though the kickstarter project has ended. I can collect $$ through paypal or if you want to pay by check (who does that anymore? ME!) contact me via my website and we'll do the deal. I am so excited about this Dog Scratchin' book project. What a collection of stories and drawings it is going to be!
The above photo is a 24x24 inch cradled Ampersand Art scratchboard. Little Jimmy Dickens is the dog, "Take Me As I Am" is the name of the piece. Love this little dog! I loved making the artwork...

No comments: