Sunday, April 8, 2012

We Did It!

The kickstarter Dog Scratchin' book project is funded and now waiting to get done. I will begin gathering the stories, sending those off to Fay to help edit and assemble. The dog photos will be collected and the drawing will commence. This is exciting. My current big deal.  Life seems to contain a series of big and little deals...Actually this one is HUGE!
The above artwork is large, 16"x20" and is for sale at Wally Workman Gallery in Austin TX. When I was working on this I was listening to Lucinda Williams music, specifically the "West" album recording.  The song 'What If' spoke to me, the line "if dogs became kings" is the title of this.  I mentioned this while being interviewed for a local npr radio show and because of it (a longer story than I wish to go into here)I have become friends with the fabulous couple Miller & Jordan Williams. It just so happens that they are Lucinda's parents. And they live here. I get to visit with them at least once a week. And Miller is a wonderful poet. Today is his 82nd Birthday. Happy Birthday Miller! You and Jordan are so dear to me. I'm a lucky gal.

No comments: