Friday, April 6, 2012

Kickstarter Dog Scratchin' Book Fundraising Final Hours

We are in the last 24 (or less) hours of the 47 day Kickstarter campaign to raise the funds to do a book of my scratchboard drawings of rescued dogs. To this Aries, that length of time feels like forever. But, I had to schedule around some conflicts and so April 7th at 10:11am seemed like the best time to end.  The above artwork is a scratchboard I drew from one of Fay Barclay's photos of her assorted dogs. At any given time she has several. Some are fosters waiting for their forever home, some are those that she rescued and adopted. Her passion for these animals and her photos inspired me to put this book idea together. I am grateful. This project has funded, and is still funding at this time. I may even be persuaded to collect more funds after the 7th, but you'll have to contact me via this blog or my web-site address. Now, I am not soliciting or asking you to wait. Kickstarter is a great funding platform for creative ideas, and I hope to use it again in the fall to put together a rescued Cat version of the book. So please go check it out here. Let me know what you think of all this.  I know I'm blown away and pretty excited to get started on this.
I will be in Houston at the 3 Texas Art Supply stores April 13th and 14th giving FREE demo/workshops using Ampersand Art scratchboard. Check their website for locations and store info. I'll be at Montrose Friday the 13th (Oh My!!) From 5:30-7:30 or 8:00. Saturday I'll be at Baybrook at 10:30am and Voss at 3pm. Call the stores for more info. They do a sign up sheet and I think they are full, but might be able to squeeze in last minute folks. Don't quote me on that...Thanks everybody! We are making a book!

No comments: