Saturday, April 28, 2012

Dog Scratchin' Book Update



Above are just a few of the dogs I've drawn already for the Dog Scratchin' book project. (If you want to know more about this look here for the kickstarter project) If you have pledged to be a part of this book and have not gotten your dog photos, stories etc...to me, this is a gentle reminder to put it together and get it emailed to me. Here is an incentive for you to get it in soon.  One week from today, that's Saturday May 5th, I will put all of the dogs names in a bowl and pick one dog image to be the subject for the postcard (hand colored) and one to be the greeting card, and one for the magnet.  If I haven't received your dog info they won't be in the bowl...
#1 is Kraimer, a singing Italian Greyhound, #2 is Maggie, supposed to be a daschund mix, turned out to be a Rhodesian Ridgeback/Shepherd/Good Dog mix. #3 is Tomichi is half miniature Schnauzer and half Cocker Spaniel, a 'Schnocker'.  These may or may not be the finished art that goes into the book. I like to do a few different versions to make sure I capture the spirit of the dog.  These are of course 5"x7" Ampersand Art scratchboards, with various inks to color. I've had several questions regarding buying the finished artwork if you didn't pledge for that reward. Yes you can! Just email me and I'll let you know what to do. If you didn't jump on the Dog Scratchin' band wag-gon during the Kickstarter campaign, yes, you can still get your dog in the book, but you must get in touch with me soon!  I'm hoping to have all the dogs drawn and scanned and put together to go to the designer by July, if not sooner. Thanks, and enjoy!

No comments: