Friday, June 26, 2009

Bubbles


Thought I'd post a Bubbles the Chimp drawing today for MJ. Still reeling from yesterday. 'Off the Wall' and 'Thriller' were two all time favorite albums of mine (when they were still making record albums, remember those??) Those were my disco days in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Just down the road a bit from MJ hometown of Gary. I was pursuing a music career of my own at the time and dancing around to either recording was a great way to get 'amped up' and in shape for my own performances. So I found a photo on the web and drew this from that. It's in my 8"x10" sketchbook, Prismacolor black ink (08) over a rough pencil sketch.

Tomorrow (Saturday 27th) I'm doing a free scratchboard demonstration at Jerry's Artarama store here in Austin, TX from 12-3. Come on out!

No comments: