Sunday, June 28, 2009

Monkey On Paper


This monkey drawing was inspired by a page from a vintage 1900 era Nature magazine from my collection of ephemera. Very odd magazine that had really poor quality prints of stuffed animals from Science Museums and other collections. So this drawing kind of has that quality as well. It's prismacolor ink pen on sketch pad. A pretty poor quality photo on my part too. Fitting though I think.

Scratchboard demonstration went really well at Jerry's Artarama. Had a lot of folks who came out and went away with at least one or two sample boards scratched and finished. At the end there was this great little 5 year old girl who did an amazing cat drawing. I wish I would have taken a photo of it, dang it. She was a lot of fun to watch. Her parents and her little brother (who worked on his own cat drawing) were very sweet too. I just love bringing folks into the world of Scratchboard!

No comments: