Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Daily Monkey Scratch


I just realized I'm getting a bit ahead of myself. Was I worried I would have a hard time making daily monkeys? Yes. Are those worries foolish? Yes. As I was putting monkey #7 image into the folder on my computer, I looked at this blog and realized I'm only on #6 today. So it's a daily monkey to you, but more monkeys are popping out of me than I care to say!

This is a larger scratchboard from Ampersand Art (11"X14") http://www.ampersandart.com/ It is based on a photo I took of a monkey carved into the arms on a chair. The color, the background etc is all out of my head. I stamped X's and O'x on the red body part. Why? I don't even know, except to say it seemed like a good idea at the time. And it was, I like it a lot.

I'm delivering 4 more 5"X7" scratchboards to Wally Workman Gallery today. http://www.wallyworkmangallery.com/ She keeps selling and selling them. I'm a happy, happy scratching gal.

Scratchboard demo at Jerry's Artarama on I-35 in Austin this Saturday from 12-3..Free. Please help me convert the world to the wonders of scratchboard!

No comments: