Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Monkey Day Again!


Monkey #6. Colorful and strange...if anything this project is causing me to use more color. And that's a good thing. This is a 4"X5" pen and ink, prismacolor markers on acid free board.
I find myself for the most part,sticking with the black and white scratchboard, inserting some red or blue now and then. Speaking of scratchboard...just talked with Ampersand Art folks this morning about getting my samples and tools for the free demonstration at the Austin Jerry's Artarama this Saturday from 12-3. If you are in town come on out. We all had a great time at the last one. Love their product. It's the best black scratchboard I've ever used. I'm hoping to get a gig working with them on demo's around the country. We'll see what happens. I was amazed at how much I enjoyed teaching folks at the last demo. Who would'a thunk it?

Today I climbed a magnolia tree (like a monkey) and cut out some dead branches and put them on the burn pile. Nice breeze blowing out here in the country. Not too ungodly hot yet...but soon it will be!

No comments: