Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Quick Monkey


Was in the studio this morn painting scratchboard frames black and had paint left on the brush I was about to pitch...this monkey just 'popped' out on the paper that was on my table. Not too much thought went into this....which is fine by me. If you have to spend too much time thinking about making monkeys the fun of it just slides away. Size is approximately 8 1/2"X11" Paint is black Rustoleum enamel. That's it. Nothing more to it.

Delicious cool weather here in central Texas. I love the feel and the smell of the cold air. Reminds me of my ancestral homeland (Indiana) and also the cool/cold mornings in the August summer of Michigan north of Grand Rapids. I spent many years camping there while installing plumbing at the Michigan Womyn's Music Fest. That is a whole other blog/story...

No comments: